1. Please keep your entrance tickets with you, our guards can ask you to show these. If you cannot present them we are entitled to ask you to leave the building.
2. Artworks are vulnerable and we must do our best to avoid risks. We therefore ask that you leave backpacks, also those for carrying babies, umbrellas and packages larger than 40 x 30 cm in the cloakroom. Coats, when carried over the arm, are not permitted. Free lockers are available for storage of personal possessions.
3. Touching artworks, unless stated otherwise, is forbidden. Many of them are made of fragile materials. For considerations of safety, please keep 1 meter distance from them. We ask parents or adult supervisors of young children to be especially alert. Running around in the museum is forbidden. Strollers can be used, however only when pushed by an adult and only when one keeps a distance of at least 1 meter from the works of art. In certain cases the museum may find it necessary to limit the use of strollers and wheelchairs.
4. The cloakroom is unattended. The management cannot be held responsible for loss, damage or theft of personal belongings. There are free lockers available for the storage of your personal effects.
5. Photography for personal purposes is permitted in the museum only with your smartphone or a pocket camera. The use of selfie sticks and stabilizers is prohibited. Professional photographers are asked to make prior arrangements via our office.
6. Smoking, also the use of E-cigarettes, is prohibited throughout the building.
7. It is advisable to give prior notice of a group visit. This can prevent delay at the entrance or in the restaurant. Those who escort groups are expected to inform participants of the museum rules.
8. The teachers and supervisors of school groups are responsible for proper conduct. For every fifteen pupils, at least one supervisor should be present.
9. Visitors are liable for the costs of any damage incurred to the art works or the building. The galleries are also supervised with camera's. The museum can keep the footage and use it as evidence when the house rules have been violated.
10. The instructions of the museum personnel should be respected at all times, as they have your safety, and that of the museum’s in mind.